I am very slow to get moving in the mornings, so weekday breakfast is never anything elaborate in my house. I like things we can grab and go or require minimal preparation. So I was happy when this recipe for Blueberry & Banana Oatmeal Muffins met my checklist:
✔️Easy to prepare
✔️Simple, healthy ingredients
✔️Stores and reheats well
✔️Grab and go
3 out of 4 of my family members are tracking meals on My Fitness Pal, so I’ve started entering recipes to make it easy for us. If you are tracking as well, you can find this recipe by searching “Erth Blueberry & Banana Oatmeal Muffins”.
Blueberry & Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar unpacked
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt vanilla or plain
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray or silicone baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and eggs.
- Add the mashed banana, vanilla extract, greek yogurt and milk and whisk to combine.
- Add rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, stirring until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter into 12-cup muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes.