I love today’s recipe… partially because the kids love it, partially because it’s so yummy… but mostly because I never have to make it.Â This is my husband’s signature dish.Â Yep he makes dinner.Â Actually he makes most of the meals in our house.Â I wish I could say it’s because I get home from work so much later than he does (which I do)…. but the truth is I think he likes to cook more than I do.Â I like to experiment and make new dishes… but once I’ve made them I’m onto the next thing.
Oh and in case I haven’t sold you on this dish already with the photo and telling you how yummy it is.. another great thing about it is —-> you just dump everything into a pan and cook it… LOVE THAT!
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- 1 egg, beaten (I use just the egg white)
- 1Â jar spaghetti sauce ( I use organic)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.
- In a medium bowl, mix ziti, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg and spaghetti sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; let stand for 15 minutes before serving.