So, if you’re looking at the title of this article you’re probably thinking well aren’t Spinach Balls more of an appetizer than a meal?Â And yep, you’d be correct.Â But if your kids (or husband) are anything like mine then… getting them to eat Spinach in any form is an accomplishment.Â I paired these with a fruit salad, a cheese tray and toasted french bread – and we had our own meat free cocktail party.
My kids love the spinach balls – the 1 year old inhales them and asks for more.Â And my husband can generally be counted on to recite Alex Baldwin’s Saturday Night Live “Sweaty Balls” skit every time we have them. (no that never gets old <-sarcasm).
They are quick to make in that you just dump everything into one bowl and form balls.Â Easy clean up and delicious to eat.
- 2 packages of frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm stuffing
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- dash of garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.Â (Note: I generally only use the egg white part of the egg)
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15 -20 minutes until lightly browned