Over the past couple years of owning a Peloton, I have bought and used a fair amount of accessories for the bike. Some worked well, some did not. Below is the list of 10 items that I would recommend to anyone that has just purchased a bike or is a newbie to the Peloton tribe.
I have included a downloadable and printable PDF at the bottom of this post.
- Peloton Cycling Shoes – The cleats attached to the Peloton cycling shoes are specific for clipping onto the Peloton bike. If you want to use a different pair of cycling shoes you will need to purchase the Peloton specific cleats separately. Personally, I found it simpler to just use the Peloton shoes and I haven’t had any issues with them.
- Hydro Flask Water Bottle – I highly recommend this water bottle in a 24 oz water bottle. You’re going to want to hydrate through out your class and this one keeps the water ice cold no matter if you take a 5 – 90 minute ride. I’d also recommend grabbing the wide-mouth straw lid to go with it.
- Domain Cycling Gel Seat – While I didn’t have a real issue with the Peloton bike seat – all the males in my house did. We’ve used this seat cover for over a year now with no problems. It fits perfectly on the bike seat and is easy to take on and off.
- Microfiber Gym Towels – Trust me you’re going to sweat… and I mean a lot. I purchased these towels in white. They are very soft and super absorbent. The instructions say not to bleach them – however I bleach ours regularly with no issues.
- Wireless Ear Buds – So personally I cannot attest to these – I wear hearing aids, which after 40 years of wearing them finally have a perk (in addition to being able to hear) in that I can stream the Peloton audio directly to my aids. The males in my house however all use these ear buds with no issues. Ear buds are perfect for when you want to get your ride in but your kids or partner is Zooming in the other room
- Gel Padded Cycling Shorts – One of my favorite Peloton instructors is Christine, who also happens to be a Masters World & National Champion cyclist. So when she tells you to not wear underwear and get padded shorts when riding – you follow instructions 😂. There are many brands of cycling shorts out there – this just happens to be the one I picked and like.
- Sweat Headbands – Remember when I said you will sweat? These are the headbands I use to keep the sweat from streaming down my face the whole class and burning my eyes. Nope, they’re not pretty but they do work.
- Sports Bra – Depending on the class you will alternate being in and out of the bike saddle. This bra from Athleta is a solid high-impact sports bra. My only complaint is the criss-crossing straps that can be a little challenging to get out of sweaty.
- Weights – There are arm toning exercise classes that you can participate in as part of a class or take as an add on class. They recommend 1-3 pound weights. These hand weights fit perfectly in the bike’s weights holder.
- Exercise Bike Mat – Protects your floors from the bike and also the vasts amounts of sweat you’ll be producing.
Additional recommendation – The heart rate monitor strap that I purchased from Peloton did not work well for me. It lost connection constantly. This connectivity issue may be resolved with newer versions. I’ve found that using my Apple Watch is the best tracker for my heart rate and it will sync with the Peloton app when I do off bike workouts.
Download and print this PDF for easy shopping:
Is there a Peloton Must-Have Accessory missing from our list? Let us know in the comments below.
*Some items on our gift guide are affiliate links and erth receives a small commission upon purchase. However, all items are honest item recommendations used by Angela and/or Deena and we would recommend them with or without the affiliate program.