Anyone ever buy vegetables for a great recipe but then have to throw them out because you forgot about them sitting in your fridge? Yeah, me neither. So I may or may not have wasted at least one good container of shaved Brussels sprouts before finally making this yummy, healthy breakfast recipe.
It was super easy to make and I topped with an egg for a little something extra. Speaking of eggs, this is what I’ve been making my eggs in:
This was a $10 (ish) gift I bought my husband for Christmas (he loves his eggs! 😂). But guess who uses it ALL THE TIME?! It makes a perfect egg for my breakfast sandwiches.
Anyway, back to the hash. If you can find pre-shaved Brussels sprouts, this recipe just got a whole lot easier for you. I bought mine from Wegmans.
So with only 4 main ingredients (bacon not pictured) and quick to whip up, this recipe was a winner for me. It made about 4 servings. Enjoy!
Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes Hash
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts shaved or halved
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in large pan until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions and sweet potatoes to pan and cook until fork tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts and sauté for about 10 more minutes. Add in bacon and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.