I’m always looking for simple snacks that are easy to grab and go, tastes good, but are still good for you. This recipe was passed on to me from my friend, Janet, who is a Shaklee rep, but I have modified it to work for my family. Because my oldest son has nut allergies (peanuts are okay but no tree nuts), I had to change a few things, including the protein mix I use. Wegmans brand isn’t processed with nuts 👍🏼 and is reasonably priced. I also have to swap out almond butter with peanut butter and limit the mix-ins I use (no nuts, seeds or coconut). But I like to give credit where credit is due, so here is how the original recipe was given to me:
I love when a recipe has written notes on it because that means it’s been tried and modified to be even better! 😊 So thank you Janet for the recipe that I now use weekly for a nice little protein-packed snack stash that tastes like Reese’s Peanut Butter cups!
They may look like meatballs 😆 but they definitely don’t taste like meatballs. Enjoy!
- 1 cup protein powder
- 1-1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, seeds, dried fruit or nuts
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, bring honey to a boil, then immediately remove from heat and add peanut or other nut better and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Pour nut butter mixture into bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add any optional mix-ins (if using chocolate chips, make sure oat mixture is cooled).
- Press into ungreased 9"x13" glass dish or roll into 1-1/2" balls on parchment paper.
- Cool in refrigerator before cutting into squares and storing in container. Keep refrigerated.