One of the easiest breakfasts I make on the regular is chia seed pudding. 3 simple ingredients, I can make the morning of and let sit for a bit, or I can meal prep and make enough for a few days. While my basic recipe is actually my favorite, I changed it up recently to try some mix-ins.
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 cup milk + 1 Tbs. maple syrup
For my mix-ins I blended the milk and syrup with one each of the following:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
Stir and keep overnight in a mason jar or other air-tight container. Stir and top with cinnamon or fresh fruit before serving.
Chai Seed Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen strawberries optional add-in
- 1/2 cup blueberries optional add-in
- Add 1/4 cup chia seeds to a glass jar.
- Add milk and maple syrup to chia seeds. If adding mix-ins, blend frozen fruit with milk and maple syrup before adding to chia seeds.
- Stir and let sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight until chia seeds have absorbed some liquid and softened.
- Stir and top with cinnamon or fresh fruit before serving.