Last week a friend asked me if an oat and cottage cheese pancake I made was good. I honestly didn’t know how to answer because it wasn’t your typical warm, fluffy, buttery pancake. It’s like asking if cauliflower rice tastes like actual rice. But I’ve learned to alter my taste buds to appreciate these healthier substitutes, especially if it means it won’t upset my stomach.
So the same goes for these flourless peanut butter and banana muffins. The consistency is different (it has a more “wet” texture), it lacks the buttery fluffiness of your typical muffin, but I still found it good, easy, a quick grab for breakfast and easy on my stomach. I’ve even been eating them as an afternoon snack. So if you’re looking for a flourless muffin recipe, give these a try and let me know what you think!
Flourless Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend first 7 ingredients together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins, about 3/4 full. (I recommend cooking spray over paper liners.)
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.