This weeks meat free dish was a hit with my in-laws and my family. I wasn’t sure if the boys would eat the sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes – but they ate every bite. I loved this so much that I’m thinking about putting the toppings on top of pizza crust next time. Yum
Artichoke and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
- 1 package Penne pasta (whole grain)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 10 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (drained) diced
- 8 ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (drained)
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water until done. Drain.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third, about 4 minutes.
- Toss pasta with sauce. Top with tomatoes and cheese, add pepper to taste, and serve.