I think it’s a well known fact that sleep is so important to our health. Adults should be getting 7+ hours of good quality sleep per night, yet over 30% of adults in the United States are suffering from short sleep duration (CDC statistic). Here are some of my favorite products (or ones recommended to me by a friend) to add to your sleep arsenal for a good night’s sleep:
- Nordstrom Moonlight Dream Pajamas – I bought this exact set after my fashion influencer friend, Thirty Something Fashion, recommended them as a great purchase during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I am actually wearing them RIGHT NOW and they are so soft and comfy! My son did tell me I look like I’m from Polar Express, though.
- Mellanni Bed Sheet Set – Amazon has been my jam during this pandemic because ordering is easy, you can find EVERYTHING, and there’s free Prime shipping. So when I needed new sheets, a quick search pointed me to this sheet set that has an average rating of 4.5 stars with over 130,000 reviews (no that is not a typo). How can 130,000 people be wrong?! The sheets are inexpensive and soooo soft!
- Headspace App – I downloaded this app after my friend’s recommendation and I use it almost nightly. There are great soundscapes for rain and ocean waves, guided meditation, sleep radio, among other things. I can just push play and fall asleep to the sound of ocean waves.
- Deep Sleep Body Cocoon by this works – I happened upon this by chance when it came in my FabFitFun box and I love the smell. It has an earthy, essential oils scent (patchouli/lavender possibly), and I put it on my hands and arms EVERY night before I go to sleep.
- Spoonk Acupressure Mat – I bought this for my husband for Christmas to help with joint pain and relaxation/sleep. We keep it by our bed and each use it about once a week.
- Weighted Blanket – I personally do not use one of these but I know so many people who swear by them for both sleep and anxiety, so I am linking a high rated (4.6 stars) Amazon option that has 19K reviews.
- CBD infused pillow – This was another present I bought my husband to help with sleep and stress. I am linking to a more cost-conscious option here, but if you would like to splurge, this is the one I bought. Many claim that CBD oil helps with anxiety, aches and insomnia.
- Essential Oil Diffuser – I’m linking to the exact one I purchased here, but there are so many different styles to fit your decor. We have 4 of these throughout our house and use different oils for relaxation, energy, sleep, immune support and decongestion!
- doTERRA Serenity Oil – There are many sleep blends out there, but this is the one I use. I love the underlying hint of a vanilla scent. And of course I use it in the diffuser mentioned above!
- Melatonin – Melatonin is a hormone naturally-made in our bodies that works with our circadian rhythm to prepare our bodies for sleep. This can be interrupted by things like stress, time changes and exposure to bright lights/screens. Taking a supplement like the one I have linked here could help get your sleep cycle back in rhythm.
So that’s what my sweet dreams are made of. I hope you find something here that helps you get a better night’s sleep!