With the Thanksgiving holiday behind us, I felt that I wanted something warm, healthy and easy to fix for this Meat Free Monday.Â This recipe meets all those attributes and it can be ready for the table in less than 15 minutes.
Warm Spinach GorgonzolaÂ and Orzo Salad
1 cup orzo
1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheeseÂ (can also use Feta)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 red onion (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
5 cups baby spinach leaves
4 tablespoon roasted pistachios (optional)
- Cook orzo according to package instructions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, combine the Gorgonzola, olive oil, vinegar,Â & salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl.
- Drain the orzo through a strainer and add to the bowl.
- Gently stir to coat the orzo with the dressing.
- Add the spinach, onion, and pistachios, and toss once.