Years ago I saw this article in Family Circle Magazine on these easy to make Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes. It’s the perfect treat for kids to help make and a fun treat for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Use a cupcake recipe of your choice. We used Betty Crocker’s Devils Food cake mix. Bake cupcakes per box instructions. This will make 24 Turkey Cupcakes
- Let cool and add Chocolate Frosting. I used the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting recipe however a store bought ready-made frosting would also work. While the cupcakes cool you can assemble the cute Turkey faces.
Nutter Butter Turkey Faces Ingredients:
Assemble Nutter Butter Turkey Faces
- Mix 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of water. This creates the “glue” for applying the turkey’s facial features.
- We used a small (new) paint brush to apply the “glue”. But you could pour the “glue” into a small Ziploc bag, cut off the corner and use it as an icing piping bag
- Cut Twizzlers into 24 small diagonal strip for the Turkey’s wattle (red thing).
- Cut the yellow and white off of 24 candy corns. This will be the Turkey’s nose. Leave the remainder of the candy corns whole for the Turkey’s tail feathers. Note: You could also use Reese Pieces for the nose (just cut the orange ones in half).
- Assemble faces and let set for about 30 minutes
- Add Turkey Faces and Tail feathers to the cupcakes
*Some items on recipe are affiliate links and ERTH receives a small commission upon purchase. You can also find these same ingredients in your local grocery store or Target.